FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This Frequently Asked Questions was last updated on Thu June 18 2020 15:00:00 GMT+0800 (Malaysia Standard Time).
1. Why are there 2 companies in H.O.D?
H.O.D consists of Hoe Design Architect and HOD Design Consultancy. Under the Architect’s Act in Malaysia, only Professional Architect registered under Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (Board of Architects Malaysia) is entitled to provide Architect’s services as Principal Submitting Person. Hoe Design Architect is an Architect’s firm registered under Malaysia’s statutory requirements to provide architectural and interior design services. To provide furniture design services and market furniture designed by us, we have founded HOD Design Consultancy to establish H.O.D as a design furniture brand.
2. How many types of H.O.D memberships are there?
There are 2 types of H.O.D memberships, namely Individual Membership and B2B (Business To Business) Membership.
3. Is there any membership fee charged?
No, H.O.D memberships are free for life. Like other major ecommerce platforms, users are encouraged to sign up for smooth operation of site features and total navigation experience, e.g. to receive special discounts, notification of new products etc.
4. Can I purchase without membership?
Yes you can. However, you will not be eligible to enjoy the members’ special discounts.
5. What are the privileges of becoming a H.O.D members?
As our Individual members, you will receive a 10% welcome discount code via email upon signing up for your first time purchase. During festive seasons, you will further receive festival discount codes through our emails/newsletters.
As our B2B members, for purchase at any single order, you will receive discount based on your order quantity:-
– Purchase of 1-30 units (of any H.O.D furniture): 10% discount
– Purchase of 31-50 units and above (of any H.O.D furniture): 15% discount
– Purchase of 51 units and above (of any H.O.D furniture): 20% discount
Besides, you will receive a 10% welcome discount code through email upon signing up for your first time purchase.
6. Is there minimum order quantity?
For Individual Member and non-member, MOQ is 1 unit;
For B2B Member and non-member, MOQ is 30 units.
7. Is there expiry date for discount codes offered by H.O.D?
There is no expiry date for the one-off welcome discount code. However, for other festive seasons discount codes, there will be expiry date stated with them, normally 1 month.
8. Can I choose to collect the goods myself? Where are the collection points?
Yes you can. You can local pickup from our factories at Subang, Muar or Batu Pahat, depending on the point of production of your ordered item.
9. Can H.O.D deliver to other areas of Malaysia or overseas outside of Kuala Lumpur and Selangor areas?
Yes we can arrange that. Please leave an order note during checkout and payment for the ordered item, we will email to you a separate quotation for the delivery cost to your shipping address. Upon your acceptance and payment of the delivery cost, we shall deliver the goods to your doorsteps.
10. If I change my mind after receiving the goods, can I return them?
As we are committed to deliver brand new goods to our customers, all goods sold are not returnable or refundable.
11. After placing order, can I inspect the progress of the goods?
Yes you can, please email to us for further arrangement.
11. How many payment modes are offered by H.O.D?
You can choose to:
a) Pay with direct bank transfer to our company account. Please keep your bank receipt for future reference.
b) Pay with credit card with PayPal
c) Pay with local FPX with Billplz